35 hours endurance. 4,200 km range.
Manned aerial surveillance and surveying by helicopters is expensive. Large military UAVs are also expensive. What the civil market needs is an inexpensive medium-sized aerial platform that can perform nearly all of the functions of a helicopter or a large military UAV, but at a tenth of the cost. Or perhaps even less.
The Gem-7 has been designed to fill that gap. A simple but robust airframe that can out-perform large military UAVs in both range and endurance. A platform that can be assembled and run by a team of two in fifteen minutes. A platform that can operate from a rough farmer’s field. A platform that is an order of magnitude less than other large UAVs, in both capital and running costs.
Welcome to the world of the Gem-7 long range UAV.
|Max Weight||295 kg|
|Empty Weight||170 kg|
|Cruise Airspeed||120 km/hr|
|Max Airspeed||240 km|
|Payload Max||90 kg|
|Payload Norm||30 kg|
|Payload vs Endurance||30 kg = 35 hr / 90 kg = 9 hr|
|Payload vs Range||30 kg = 4,200 km / 90 kg = 1,100 km|
Surveillance & Comms Equipment
- Gimbal turret with 360° pan at 120º/sec
- Mechanical and electronic stabilisation
- Full HD video 1920 x 1080 px output, 30 x zoom
- IR night sensor 640 x 512 px and 60 mm lens
- EO sensor Full HD 1920 x 1080 px
- Stabilised scene and target capture
- Laser Rangefinder and Illuminator
- SHF comms to base station, 150 km range
- Link up to 85 Mbps dual-channel
- UHF & VHF relay capabilities
- Satellite comms
- SAR Radar system, 24 km range
- Mobile phone locator
- LIDAR surveyor